Friday, December 26, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS! from Rogi

再來一篇很混的日記

12/24出現在官網的文章

也只有這時候,英文會突然變好

每一句話都看的懂耶XDDDDDDD

 


Dear Fans


After a wonderful and very relaxing seaside holiday I am now in the final stage of preparation for the new season which, as you know, will be beginning very soon. Never before have I started a tennis-year as early as the one ahead: I will be back in action on January 1st. I am very much looking forward to the tournament in Abu Dhabi, which is taking place for the first time, as well as the entire season of 2009! There is such a large number of challenges lying ahead - facing them, working hard and giving my best to succeed is precisely why I love my job so much.

Looking back at the past 365 days a lot of unforgettable experiences come to mind. But there are, of course, also the tough moments I had to go through. I faced an unexpectedly difficult training period and exhausting start of the season due to illness precisely 12 months ago. I spent a great deal of the year battling with the lack of practice and hours of training that I faced at the time.

So having played another three Grand Slam finals and having brought home the US Open trophy as well as reaching Olympic heights together with Stan Wawrinka makes me just the more proud. I was honoured to receive the Laureus title as Athlete of the Year again and also lift the trophy at my home-tournament in Basel once more. These are some of the truly wonderful, emotional moments I had the privilege to experience. And it was special to be able to share them together with Stan in Beijing.

Something I will always want to stress is the fact that all these experiences would not have been the same if I hadn't been able to share them with all of you. You gave me your full support during the entire season and showed me your enthusiasm for this wonderful sport. Your thoughtful gifts, words and actions are always a fabulous reward. I would like to thank you for that with all my heart. Let's keep up the great work and head into a successful 2009 together!

I'd like to wish all of you and your families a Merry Christmas, a wonderful end of this year and all the best for the one lying ahead.

See you very soon,
kind regards from Dubai,
Roger

4 comments:

Sherry said...

不管是不是Rogi親自寫的
或是旁人代筆

(精通英德法的語文天才應該不需要別人幫忙寫才對)

坦白說,每次都覺得這落落長的abcd
充滿著各種不同句型、片語
靜下心來看,真的英文會進步唷

Anonymous said...

我看不懂啦....
哈哈....

Anonymous said...

看來小費不只提升了網球運動的水準
還提升了球迷的英文水準
他真是個好老師

Sherry said...

我還蠻喜歡看他寫一些有的沒有的
或是訪問的原稿

畢竟這是我唯一可以平心靜氣
耐著性子不浮躁又認真看完的英文啊